Technically it's a scooter not a motorbike. 150cc engine, 20k km on the clock. Never had slightest problems with it and I'm sure it will handle this trip easily. I've made a few modifications though to make it more comfortable for long distance.
- custom made seat (more foam inside! super soft!)
- factory tires changed for Pirelli DIABLO (R14", 90/90 front, 90/100 rear)
- factory rear shocks changed for YSS gas shocks. http://www.yss.co.th/scooter.php
- new 12V socket with double USB connectors
- top box Coocase S40 Urban 40litres http://www.coocase.com/
- RAMmount GPS mount http://www.rammount.com/
The bike can run about 200km on gas tank (5.9l). It is very quiet and pretty fast for its size and engine. Speed tops at 120km/h, comfortable cruise speed around 90km/k. However PCX was not created for mud, dirt and real off road biking. It doesn't have too big clearance and has relatively small wheels. I'll have to be careful.