I am not impressed by the indo food. Quality and price are just not right. Ramadan situation doesn't help either. But what do I know? I've tasted only fraction of available dishes so far.
- prices are usually higher than in Thailand. For example: bowl of rice + medium size chicken leg can cost up to 150bht. I'm talking about street prices here, nothing fancy!
- noodle soups are bland. Don't compare to thai or chinese counterparts. They're just worse.
- grilled chicken can be very tasty. They cook it in some nice mixture of herbs and spices. Very good!
- no cheap beer! The Heineken 0.33l costs 60bht. Selection is awfully limited.
- Chocolate products are not that bad. Taste is much better than paper-ish fake thai chocolate.
- good coffee, i mean not "instant" is hard to find. Tea is everywhere.
not so delicious noodles with meat balls + orange juice with lots of sugar. Set costs around 80bht.
"ghoreni noodles" - the most popular dish throughout Sumatra. It comes with rice if you want. Pretty cheap, served with potato chips (!?!?). Tastes OK.